Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jury Duty...Again

Not for me - for Russ!
He has served his "days in waiting" for jury selection
a few times before. Once he served on a jury
for a murder trial. How his name keeps coming
up - who knows!
Not the best time for him to serve - this is his very busy time
at work plus he has people off on vacation too.
So today he got to do the "waiting" thing again. By late afternoon
he thought he had wasted a day but it was almost over.
Almost....and then he was chosen to sit on
a jury for a trial that will begin tomorrow.
Hopefully it will be a quick one!
I was called to do the "waiting" thing once - 28 years ago!
I called before going to ask them if they had a room
for me to nurse in since I had a newborn.
They told me not to worry they
would call me back another time. By the time Oakland County
called me back I was living in Macomb County
and so was listed as unable to serve.
Selfishly I can say I am so glad they called him and not me!

No comments: