Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to me - Yesterday!

Yes, yesterday was my birthday - the 57th one to be exact!
We do our June birthdays along with
Father's Day for our big celebrations.
But for the past few days I had so many phone calls,
cards in the mail and on email,
and visitors too!
Went to lunch and a little shopping with
Kari and Megan and then
Karsten and Kim came by after work.
Russ and I went out to dinner in the evening.
And then the highlight to the day -
I took the grill apart to get all the grease
out so it would not catch fire for the
barbeque for Sunday!
Nothing more humbling than cleaning a greasy grill!
;-) ;-)
Actually have to say that yesterday was my second
hardest birthday -
the first being the one right after my mom died
and the second yesterday being the first one after losing my dad.
Sharing the day with the ones that "birthed you" is something
special - and that won't be happening anymore.
Ohhhh, didn't mean for this to sound sad!
But, remembering those special times makes me even more
determined to always celebrate the day I birthed
my kids - what special days those were!
Someone told me once that they don't celebrate
their kids birthdays any more - after all they
are over 18 and not children anymore.
Bah, Humbug - God changed my life
forever on April 12, February 20, April 27 and June 3
and I plan to celebrate those gifts as long as
God gives me breath!
And thanks to so many of you who sent birthday thoughts, prayers and wishes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now that you have me crying I can say Happy day after your birthday.... and that makes the day before, the day of and the day after that I said it. Must be cause you are such a special sister and I love you. Dee (the younger sister!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mom! We love you!