Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Kim!

35 years ago today we had our first child - a beautiful 8 pound 8 ounce girl!

As the story goes, I awoke with back labor at about 1:45 a.m. but didn't wake Dad until about 6:00 a.m. when he would normally wake to go to work. So we got ready to go to the hospital - but with a stop off at work to open the building and get things straight for the day. Dad was inside with all the customers that were arriving and finally some of the other employees began arriving. All the while I was in the car having contraction after contraction after contraction. Finally one of the older employees came by the car and began to tease me about when was I finally going to have this baby - and I began to cry telling him any minute now! He went inside and had customers move vehicles and told Dad to get out of the place and get to the hospital now! And then you were born about 6 hours later - how was I to know that things had not progressed as much as I thought they would in that time! ;-)

You were well worth the loss of sleep (for that night and many others) and the fun 12 hours of labor!

We love you Kim - and are so proud of the great woman, wife and mother you have become!

No comments: