Saturday, October 18, 2008

Utica H.S. Homecoming Parade

Friday, October 17 was
the Homecoming Parade for
Utica High School.
For many years, Jeremy Norris has
been part of our family.
Now he is attending high school and in
the marching band!
We thought we should go see
him play and march!

Jeremy is the nice tall guy in the row in
front of the cymbals. If you
look at the front door of the house
he is just to the left and has the
saxophone in his hand.
I remember when he was 6 weeks old
and we began babysitting after
Wanda returned to work!
He was so tiny - and now so tall!
Michelle holds Kaitlyn's hands while
the loud fire/police cars begin the parade.


Sydney was excited to go to a parade!
You rarely see Sydney outside without her
sunglasses on! Miss Hollywood!
Karsten was thrilled to see all
the bands playing and the Army
truck too!
Michelle, Laura, Wanda and Karla



L Laura, Gaylon, Wanda (and Tommy who
was still at work) and Russ & I
have been friends for many years. We all met in
our days at Dequindre Road Baptist Church.


Sydney and Karsten enjoyed going
to the parade and getting so much candy!!
And a flag to wave from a soldier and
new sunglasses too!

We all had a great time - and it was
a pleasure to see Jeremy all grown up!

3 comments:

jill said...

How fun to see everyone! Are y'all wearing jackets?? hehehe!

Denise and Gerry DeVirgilis said...

I remember when Jeremy was about 5 and I went outside at your house and lit a cigarette... he looked at me so straight faced and said "Don't you know that smoking is going to kill you?" I felt about 1" tall getting this info from a child... It has now been 14 months that I haven't smoked! YEAH for Jeremy and I can't believe how tall he got!!!

Halls said...

Rob and I both graduated from Utica High many years ago and we normally go to the parade and game but we didn't get to this year and I really missed it. Always nice to bring back memories so thanks for the memories of the parade.