Sunday, July 27, 2008

Been busy!

Busy, busy, busy!
Like all of you!
Russ and I along with Aunt Retha, Uncle Joe,
Pam, Mark, Kathy, Darrell and
Kim and Dave
attended a Muscular Dystrophy dinner party on
Saturday night. We are a sponsor for
this particular dinner for each of the three
years it has been in existence.
The guest of honor, Jessica Laughhunn,
has muscular dystrophy. You will never see
a more beautiful young woman - so full
of energy and laughter! And rolling around on her
scooter like a crazy woman! She even led a
congo line! We pray they find
a cure for this dreadful disease soon!
I thought I would be the "leader" for a moment
on Saturday evening. The bidding opened for a pool table
so I figured I would be the opener. Hey, it was for a
good cause and someone else would outbid me anyway.
The opening bid was $500 and up went my hand.
And then....no one else bid!!
We have a pool table - and a basement so full that we
cannot even get near it - we sure didn't need 2!!
Finally I went out on the floor saying I was really
just kidding and my husband would kill me if someone
else didn't get busy bidding. Unfortunately the
guy leading the bidding misunderstood my intentions - and
canceled my bid and began the bidding again. This time he
dropped the price - and someone bought a beautiful
pool table for $400 or $450!! Now I
feel guilty - I should pay the difference between that
bid and what I originally bid. Some folks there said I
should just forget it - after all we do donate a lot for the evening
and also for all the silent auction things and for all the raffles and for
all the prizes that we donated also. Still feeling a
little guilty - and learned the lesson not to bid
unless it is something I do plan to get!
Megan is here with us tonight - her mommy and daddy will
have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning to get
labor officially started! She is already almost
half way to the "pushing" anyway!
We are excited to meet our newest granddaughter
will be posting tomorrow with some pictures and
hopefully a name! The name list still
has many possibilities on it!
For anyone who "knows" CWC - Donna Hall was injured
playing softball on Saturday - has a concussion I understand.
Prayers go to her for a quick recovery!
Make a difference in someone's life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally laughing at your bidding story! They are not going to let you ever bid again!

Halls said...

I am feeling much better!!! Thanks for the prayers. My equilibrium is still off and my eye sight is still blurry in my left eye but able to get around on my own now so that is a good thing. Continued prayers would be wonderful this week as I continue to recover.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the time you were telling me about the stupid guy that was trying to outbid you on a cow for 4H the year before and then the "stupid guy" was sitting at our table listening to you tell the story! Lets see 4H and now MS... you should NOT bid on things!!!! How funny!