Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Hazel Wooten Teague

Hard to believe but my mother
would have been 80 years old
today, June 30, 2009!
Miss her so much - still think
of things that I would like to tell her.
She would love being a great-grandma
as much as she did being a grandma!
She would say that I was spoiling
the kiddies - but then say isn't
it fun to do!
She always got on my case (nicely of course!)
about putting water on the glass
pans as I took them from the oven -
I'm always in a hurry to get the
pans soaking!
One day I had been praying about
just wanting to feel closer to her that day.
That evening I took a glass pan out
of the oven - and didn't even get a
chance to put it in the sink. Just sat it on
the cold granite countertop and
crack - the pan broke! Immediately
there is the gravy going everywhere!
Instead of being upset and working to
clean everything up - I just said
Thank you God - I do feel close to my mom today!
I just felt like she was letting me know that
she was still there for me!
She was a great inspiration of how to
be a good mom/mother-in-law to adult children.
She always showed her love and
encouragement for everything.
I thank God for giving me such a great mom!
We all love you mom - just in case you are
reading over my shoulder!!
Hazel Marie Wooten Teague
June 30, 1929 - April 12, 1999

2 comments:

Denise and Gerry DeVirgilis said...

I sang Happy Birthday to her yesterday myself! She was beautiful inside and out and I miss her too.

Michelle said...

Awww...what a nice post! I miss Grandma too!!!