Sunday, September 07, 2008

Russ and his Spitfire

In the early 80's Russ bought a little
Triumph Spitfire.
Lots of fun - but you know the
English cars - drive a little and work on them
a little more.
The last time we licensed this car was about 1984 we think.
It was stored here in our garage for
many years - it was a great place to
hide Christmas gifts since it was always
undercover for protection from dust.
After we bought the property where
Contractors Connection is located now,
we moved the Spitfire there.
In the years since,
many other things
have found their way into what we
always called "the Spitfire room".
Since we decided to get the car out
and actually have some fun with it -
we had a lot of digging to do!


Here is is - already uncovered -
and wow is it dusty!!
My friend Jill, shows beautiful parts
of her home on her blog - and here
I am showing -
yikes, dust and lots of it!
But, in my defense, this is not my home! ;-)


After a good wash (ok a little rinse)
and checking on the brakes and clutch
along with replacing the battery and tires,
here Russ is, hitting the roads at last!


We drove around for awhile and then
found granddaughter Sydney at home.
We thought she might enjoy a little ride around
the block. She told her mommy that
she wanted a Barbie car too!
Grandpa said please don't call
my car a Barbie car!

We will have to take Karsten and Megan for a
little spin around the block too.
Can you imagine - Russ and I actually
had all 4 of our kids in this car with us at
one time! Before all the booster
seat laws for sure!
It is hard on my back for me to ride
the motorcycle with him
so we thought this might be a little easier.
Well it is a LITTLE easier - but
I think that a nice Camero, or Mustang
or even a Vette convertible would be
a LOT more comfortable!! ;-)




5 comments:

Kim Vaughn said...

I'm glad that Dad got it out and you guys were able to take it for a ride!! How fun!

Oh, and yeah...great hiding spot for Christmas gifts?!?! Who are you kidding?! ....we found them. hahahaha :)

Denise and Gerry DeVirgilis said...

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! I can't wait till next trip up there to ride in it myself! Enjoy it!

jill said...

LOVE IT! Barbie car ... bwaahaahaahaa! *Ü* So glad you're enjoying it. Looks like you have the lovely weather, too!

Joelle Lynn said...

and where exactly did four little kiddos sit??????

Halls said...

That is soooo funny about the "Barbie Car" That will always be remembered and what great funny memories. Russ might not think it to funny but it is very much what a kid is thinking...how honest they are!!!!