Thursday, September 28, 2006

Happy Birthday Dee!

Can't believe how the time flies - I remember the day my sister, Dee - Denise - was born! I was just 3 years and 3 1/2 months old - but remember it clearly! Dad was downtown working so a neighbor took mom to the hospital - I was taking my nap so the neighbor's wife was listening for me. When I woke she took me down the street to where Grandma BeeBee was living with Uncle David, Linda, Buzzy and Dickie (who now go by the names of Ralph and Richard). I sat out on the side walk and didn't move the rest of the afternoon until dad came to get me - I had wet my pants and if I moved then someone would know! Anyway, dad came to get me to let me know that I had a baby sister!

And now she is a little older :-) and I am still excited and honored to have her as my sister!

Love you Dee, don't work so hard, but mostly....

...Enjoy Life!

Karla and Russ

2 comments:

Denise and Gerry DeVirgilis said...

Thank you for being my big sister who turned into my best friend as I got older too. There have been times in my life that looking back I don't know what I would have done if I could not have turned to you. I am thankful for having you and I cherish the memories of growing up with you to lead the way. :^) D

Joelle Lynn said...

September 28 is my moms birthday too!