Thursday, April 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Steve!



A great big Happy 28th birthday to Steve today! Seems like just yesterday we were holding our 8 pound 2 ounce 20 inch baby boy! We are now just 16 days away from his wedding to Noelle - what a great day that will be! We are so proud of Steve and all his accomplishments - he is a great guy and we love him so much! I remember him enjoying playing football with his dad - one day I went outside to join in the fun and was told to go back inside, football is just for boys. He would hunker down for the huddle and Russ would ask him what he wanted to do and Steve would reply - Play Football! He always said he wanted to be a "ment truck driver" too - and I don't think he has ever been in a cement truck yet - although he can drive the cement buggies pretty good! Steve gave us a scare when he put his arm through a storm door once - his good buddy, Jimmy Cole, yelled out as we left for the hospital - I hope they don't have to cut your arm off Buddy! This picture is part of Steve and Noelle's engagement photos - it was a chilly fall day and Steve actually stood in cold water in a park in Rochester so that Noelle could have the photos she wanted. Must be true love! ;-)

Enjoy life!

Russ & Karla

1 comment:

Denise and Gerry DeVirgilis said...

I remember all those days too. I remember being called what sounded like "Auntie two-knees" then of course it got cut to just "Auntie" And of course Steve knows that even if he wasn't my only... he would still be my favorite! I remember the Mr Magoo looks and then the Bart Simpson voice and the determination standing at the batters box playing ball. I too am very proud of him... and thrilled with his choice of Noelle to add to the family. Love to all